Vacuum ovens are mainly utilized in different laboratories and pharmaceutical institutes in drying powders and de-pyrogenation of other metallic utensils. This drying of powder and depyrogenation process is performed by boiling or heating different products below the boiling points. The oven is an inert gas chamber with which vacuuming and heating functions are performed within the vacuum.
Where can we use vacuum ovens?
- In experimental biomedical laboratories, vacuum ovens are utilized for the depyrogenation of utensils and drying materials.
- In food or pharmaceutical aspects, vacuum ovens are utilized because they gently dry up the powder or semi-solid materials.
- Above all, these drying processes within the vacuum ovens happen without oxidation, and it also helps in drying perishable food materials.
- This instrument is utilized for solid glassification and purification purposes.
- This vacuum oven is utilized in the plating industry because it works at low temperatures.
How does a vacuum oven work?
Different materials are placed within the sealed gas chamber on the perforated tray. Turning on the regulator and the vacuum over makes the inserted materials treated with high pressure and temperature. At the same time, an internal fan becomes on to make the contents free from all kinds of watery materials.
- In a vacuum oven, there is a gasket chamber wholly sealed.
- A vacuum oven comprises an inlet and outlet pipes for aeration purposes.
- Within the vacuum oven, the temperature sometimes rises to 200 degree Celsius. Here outlet pipes are essential to release the temperature from the sealed chamber of the vacuum oven.
What are the features of a vacuum oven?
- Vacuum ovens are available in rectangular and round shapes according to preference.
- This equipment is available in the argon-filled gas chamber; its walls are powder coated with gun metals.
- The inner wall is highly thick to tolerate temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Within the vacuum, the gas pressure is nearly 1 to 30 PSI. This pressure accommodates temperature and dries all the watery content from the material.
- Within the chamber of the vacuum oven, there is the fan. It helps the materials to be free from uniformity. This is an excellent feature required to get the best result in biomedical experiments.
- An SS 304 perforated tray is essential for keeping materials within the vacuum oven.
- This vacuum oven has a gas regulator and a flow meter to maintain the pressure within the chamber.
What are the best vacuum ovens in India?
Yatherm is one of the best vacuum oven manufacturers and exporters in India. These ovens are availably personified according to the specifications of customers or biological laboratories.
Thermo Fisher is another vacuum oven producer company. Here you will get complete guidance, a personalized system and customer care facilities to install the vacuum oven. During selection of the model, you may check the safety, accuracy and other important aspects.
If your laboratory or workstation requires a vacuum oven for depyrogenation or other processes, visit these websites and get your vacuum ovens delivered within the stipulated timeline.